Wednesday, June 12, 2013

For a Friend

Good morning!  I wanted to make a little 'thank you' for a friend of mine. I decided on an ornament because I know cards inevitably get stuffed in a drawer and I wanted her to have something she could hang on her tree once a year and be reminded of how much she is appreciated!

I used the 'lacey ovals' spellbinders die and cut out a piece of cereal box to provide a sturdy backing for the ornament. I used the same die to cut out the pale pink paper that covers the chipboard. 
Next, I used a spellbinders oval die to cut out out the striped paper. Before adhering to the chipboard, I distressed. all of the edges with Tim Holtz' vintage photo. 

The sentiment and butterfly were stamped with a small Fiskars set I purchased at Joann's. 

I made the flowers using spellbinders' itty bitty blossoms' that I colored with 'tattered rose' distress ink. I finished by adding pearl beads around the 'lace.' 

I did complete the back of my project (although I not shown)  so I could write a little note to my friend. 

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment