Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Snow Babies

Hello, there!  I have been playing around with the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas download and wanted to share a card I made.  I must admit I have no digital experience whatsoever but am slowly getting the hang of it. I am going to submit this card in their July Linky Party.

I decided to use the snow darlings image for this project.  I just love the shade of gray/muted silver of their little outfits.  I know most probably don't think of pink at Christmas but I wanted to pick up the pink ribbon on some of the hats and I think it turned out really well.

The background paper is from CS CD1, I believe.  I hope I got that right!  I don't think there is a single CS item I don't love!




I used a spellbinders set to cut the snowflakes and inked them in Tim Holtz' tattered rose before finishing up with a bit of Martha Stewart glitter. 

The crinkle ribbon is also from Tim Holtz' line. I just sponged a little ink on my mat and wet it to spread the ink until I got the color I wanted. 

The two buttons have not been glued down and I apologize for not having a completely finished project, but I intend on pulling silver thread through the holes before applying permanently.  I simply haven't had time to run to Joanne's the last two weeks!

That's all.  Thanks for taking the time to look. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the pink you used...and I think it's perfect for this precious image. You are doing a great job with the switch to digital! Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets July Linky Party! Good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card!! Love the choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete