Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Christmas Tweet

Hello, again!  Another Christmas card for the Crafty Secrets July Linky Party.  I used the Vintage Christmas download for this card.
I usually like to make my own cards but I wanted to give one of their templates a shot and it is so easy! I can see it will be a great time saver if I ever have to make last minute cards at Christmas...and I usually do!

The background paper is absolutely beautiful. I meant to go back and see if CS included it as a single paper as well but haven't had a chance.  I imagine there is some way to digitally 'capture' that pattern and make it yourself but I am not sure as I am very new to the digital world.

 After I cut out the image, I inked the edges with some vintage photo, scored the card, and used my exacto knife to cut out the bird detail.  The only embellishment I added was the holly in the top left corner and I simply punched that from a Martha Stewart punch.  Now I am thinking I could probably add a little gem to the bird's eye...

Thanks so much for looking and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love Crafty Secrets too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! You can use the crop tool in Paint.net to "cut out" a section from the image and then copy/paste into word and set the size you want to print. If you check out Sheila Rumney's DT blog (Blessed and Distressed) she has lots of great tutorials on how to do this. Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets July Linky Party! Good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arent those fun and easy to print and make. I love them. This turned out so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete