Thursday, March 24, 2016

Papertrey Ink's March 2016 Blog Hop Challenge

Good morning!  It's the 25th of the month and you know what that means...time for Papertrey Ink's Monthly Blog Hop Challenge.  I can't wait to see what everyone creates.  This month's photos were truly interesting and inspirational.  What do you think?


I fell in love those bright, beautiful colors propped against that smoky backdrop. Here's my take on the challenge:


I weathered my heart to give it that smoky effect...


The flowers were stamped in Summer Sunrise, Bright Buttercup, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, and Orange Zest.


I used PTI's Stitches and Swirls and Solid Stitches and Swirls to create the embroidered look.


Such a fun challenge!


Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you!

20 comments:

  1. I love your cad and the stamp set you used for it! That stitched heart is adorable over the background! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card! I love the colourful faux stitched flowers against the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO pretty and I love your weathered heart against those beautiful and colorful flowers! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never think to use a grey heart like this but it really works against those bright and cheery colors! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The big heart is perfect with the stitched flowers - beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey heart on the colorful background. What a great take on the inspiration photo. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the stitched flowers are nice, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors pop and create a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful! I love your stamp choice and your colors are so vibrant! The way you incorporated the gray background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing take on this challenge!! I love the layers you achieved! Dad is gonna love this one!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, and the colors in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I love the colors too. How bright and sunny. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Love the colors! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally awesome! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, this is so darling! After seeing this Stitches and Swirls set in action today, it's making me wish I had it.... another set to add to my ever growing wish list. What a beautiful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun hop and so much inspiration! Never saw so many cards incorporating gray before now. I'm sure we'll be adding that on future ones. Your colorful Stitches and Swirls really pop and love your "weathered" heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Honestly stunning, with the smokey heart and colorful blooms. Beautiful layout to your design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card with the stitched heart and colorful stamping.

    ReplyDelete