Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #243

Good morning!  I hope everyone is having a great week.  Today, I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge.  Dani has challenged us to create a project by ink blending over heat embossing.  Stop by and check out her tutorial if you want to play along.

Here is my take on the challenge:


I started by using the negative from Papertrey Ink's Stitched Primitive Hearts Die and heat embossed it in white using the script from Background Basics:  Heart Stamp Set.


Next, I used the ink blending technique to color my background.


I used gold embossing powder for my sentiment and Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, and Bright Buttercup to stamp the flowers.  The flowers and sentiment are both from PTI's Mini Blooms Stamp Set.



Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to your creations!

19 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the bright background - super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! Nice work on that background , looks like a lot of work but so worth the time .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ... just lovely! Great idea to use the negative of the heart shape to colour/sponge your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a bright happy bg! Love how you mixed up those wonderful colors over your script. Beautiful heart too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I love that you cut the heart out of the embossed panel, great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. That background was wonderful. What a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Absolutely love your background with those bright colors, and every time I see that Primitive Heart die now I kick myself for not ordering it...it looks fabulous against your background! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! Your background came out beautifully... great colors and blending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the bold colours and that gorgeous large heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! Absolutely stunning with the embossing and gorgeous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and cheery! Love the white heart over the lovely, inked background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, you should frame this one. It truly is a work of art. Great idea using the negative for your background, and it's so colorful. So many awesome ideas already using this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding!! the colored background is a stunning contrast to your heart! Beautiful!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card! The background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colors are so great! they really make the words pop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colors, I love your bright background! Wonderful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a pretty card- love the colours

    ReplyDelete