Thursday, March 10, 2016

Papertrey Ink's Painted Petals

Good morning!  Today I have a few small cards to share with you that I created for Papertrey's Make it Monday.  Our challenge this week is to create a project using the sponged stamping technique.  Don't forget to stop by and check out Dawn's tutorial and play along.

I chose to use the newly released PTI Anniversary stamp set.  I could play with this set all day.  It is beautiful!


I stamped my flower in PTI's new color Bright Buttercup along with Orange Zest and Canyon Clay.


Sweet blush, Berry Sorbet, and Raspberry Fizz were used to color these petals.


I applied New Leaf, Vintage Jadeite, and Aqua Mist on all the stems using Dawn's sponge technique.


Isn't this a neat technique?  I love how each color softly fades on to the next.


Winter Wisteria, Autumn Rose, and Scarlet Jewel were used on this little flower.  I think it may just be my favorite of the bunch.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


14 comments:

  1. Lovely set of cards, your last flower is my favorite=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your simple sweet bloom, and soft sentiment. Lovely coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new stamp set is perfect for a card set with colorful petals and great sentiments. Your sponged flowers are beautiful. WW, AR and SJ color combo is beautiful ~ eager to try that on a card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo pretty!! Such a fabulous design and makes for an awesome set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful array of cards here! Your sponging is perfect for these flowers. I agree with you, I loved how well the colors softened and blended using this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice set of cards you made. I'm making note of some of your color combinations to use in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty with your multicolor leaves and stem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've noticed your great card at MIM #242 gallery, it is so Clean and Simple! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS beauties...love them all!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! A whole set of beautifully stamped cards! I think the last color combo of Winter Wisteria, Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel is my favorite, too. Just gorgeous...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each card is a gem!! You did such a wonderful job with this challenge : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this set of cards is fabulous! LOVE the CAS flower design and sentiments.
    PS: Please stop by my blog to read about a fun new challenge starting soon! http://handmadecardsbyhelen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these are so beautifully elegant! Lovely set!

    ReplyDelete