Tuesday, January 7, 2014

To My Fond Love

Good afternoon!  I don't know about you but I am going through Christmas withdrawals.  I am always sad to put away our Christmas decor, especially our tree ornaments.  We collect ornaments each time we visit a new place and every year I enjoy pulling them out and remembering those special times with our family.  It's hard to put them away!

I wanted to share a Valentine card I created for this month's Crafty Secrets Linky Party.  I used their Valentine Digital Download Kit-it has some of the most darling images! The image, the sheet music, and the large pink background paper were all printed from the kit.  I didn't showcase the background paper too much but it is covered in roses. I will have to do another project to feature it as it is simply lovely!


This card was simple to make.  I used several spellbinder dies for the flowers and the frame and applied a paper distress tool on the larger backgrounds.  I free-handed a few Viva 'pearls' for accent. 

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Crafty Secrets Vintage Valentine Digital Kit
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles
Spellbinders Labels 18
Martha Stewart Heart Punch
Ranger Glossy Accents (adhesive)
Viva Pearls
Ranger Paper Distresser
Pink/Light Pink Cardstock (Hobby Lobby)
Pink Cardstock (Joanne's)
Ivory Cardstock (Michael's)
Silver Thread

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Heather with all your layers and embellishments.

    I admit I'm also sad to see Christmas over. We bought our first ornament on our honeymoon 35 years ago and have so many favorite ones. We still look for something every time we are away except we no longer limit it to Christmas ornaments - we have so many now. It might be a tea towel, a small bowl, a note pad - just something to remind us of our trip.

    Anyways, Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your pretty card and entering our January Linky Party
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Your freehand pearls are just perfect and I am now off to Google for that flower die LOL!!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather I just LOVE this creation! The distressed layers are fabulous and of course the musical paper is PERFECT with this adorable image! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along in our January Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I love the way you used your die cut to create a frame for this romantic image. Beautiful layering, distressing and embellishing. This is a treasure for sure!
    Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets January Linky Party! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete