Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #235

Hi, there!  I have a quick post for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday.  Laurie shared some insight into getting our projects to pop by adding additional color to stamped images.  I love this technique!  

I created my first card using Papertrey's Brushed Blooms Stamp Set.  The flowers were inked in Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel before going over the blooms with pure poppy and red chili colored pencils.




Next, is a card created with PTI's Rustic Wreath and Love Lives Here sets.


 Don't you just love Sweet Blush Ink?  My absolute favorite.


I stamped the sprigs in Spring Moss using PTI's Tinsel and Tags kit before adding color with pencils.
I like how you can deepen the veins of the sprigs this way.



 Thanks for stopping by!




13 comments:

  1. Awesome cards...the pencil really does add a little something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards! I absolutely adore the first card. The flowers really pop against that shabby printed background. So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE them! You must share about the beautiful printed background on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! Absolutely love the bold red on the first card and love that background too! Love the soft and muted colors of your 2nd card too...so delicate and just lovely!! Great job on both!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. My favorite is the second one, so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 beauties, love the soft sweetness of the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Cards, such lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, both cards are so sweet! very Lovely!

    ReplyDelete