Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Papertrey's MIM #240 Watercolor Resist

Hi, there! I hope everyone is having a great week.  I wanted to share a quick project with you today that I made for Papertrey's Make it Monday.  Lexi has challenged us to create a watercolor project using rubber cement as a resist.  I can honestly say, I never would have come up with this idea...Lexi was definitely thinking outside of the box!

Let's get started.


I started off by painting my watercolor paper yellow.  After drying, I applied a few swirls of the rubber cement.  Once the rubber cement dried, I water colored everything in green, waited for the paint to dry, and then removed the rubber cement to show those little pops of yellow.


I went back in with my paintbrush and added a few spots of green here and there .  The sentiment was embossed using Papertrey's Happy Hexagon stamp set.



 Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. very pretty pattern - it looks like a zoomed in piece of a butterfly wing - perfect for a butterfly card! i really love the colors you chose and how you added that extra green at the end. thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love that you just selected to use part of the panel giving a small pop of color. The gold touches are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold and bright and just beautiful...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You added just the right amount of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Just that one strip of color really makes it pop against the stunning embossed white background! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out fabulous! the yellow and greens together are springy and lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card screams spring!! I love the bold colors yet the butterfly and white space you used blend softness too!! Brilliant card : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete