Monday, May 2, 2016

Christmas in May...

Hi, there.  Sharing a little card set I created for Papertrey's Make it Monday challenge.  Melissa showed us a few techniques to create beautiful water colored card sets.  Stop by and check out her stunning cards!

I went a little unconventional and decided to make some Christmas cards for this challenge-in unconventional colors!  Who says you can only make holiday cards in December?

Here's my take on today's challenge:


I colored the poinsettia using various PTI inks, distress inks, and my watercolor pen.  I must admit, I love playing with my water pen but water coloring is incredibly challenging for me.


I dabbed a little Versamark on the pinecones and brushed on some gold perfect pearls. 




Another in various shades of gold.  




Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty---love the black and white stripe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning! I love the poinsettia's painted in non-traditional colors. They're fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Poinsettia's...love that they're not traditional colors too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully watercoloured flowers- good idea to get ahead with christmas cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous Christmas in May with both of these cards! Love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun challenge.. your cards came out great and you will be ahead of the game for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice for this challenge! Love your 'unconventional' poinsettias and watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's better to make Christmas cards in the off season and yours turned out just beautiful with non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEeeeek!! LOVE your coloring! perfect ANY time of the year!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I love that you are making Christmas cards and getting ahead. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Christmas cards! I should follow your lead and get started now. 😀

    ReplyDelete