Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Naturally Sweet

Hello, again.  I hope everyone is having a great week.

Today's card highlights this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge of stamping and mixing patterns.  The challenge requires the use of three different stamped patterns and at least one PTI product in order to participate.



I've been on a bee kick lately so I thought I would use one of my favorite little stamps from Crafty Secrets to help create a pattern for my larger background.



I thought this was a great challenge.  The bee stamp was the smallest stamp used on this project but was utilized to create the largest pattern.  I needed a little reminder that I don't have to use larger stamps to make background images.


I used Stampin' Up's Houndstooth on the scalloped circle and a Recollection's stamp to create the striped circle.  The stitched tag was cut using one of my favorite PTI dies.


Martha Stewart Edge Punch and Circle Edge Punches were used to create the black doily and larger black background.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the bees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect spring card! I love the bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle. You make such beautiful art and provide such inspiration!

      Delete
  3. So glad you reminded me of that bee die! Have it and forgot. Need to bring it out and use it. Love yellow and black together, and with the bee and hive and your lovely patterns, just ooze 'spring'! Love that stitched tag too!

    ReplyDelete