Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Shabby Tea Room's Beautiful Blooms #248 Challenge

Hello, there!  I wanted to share a project I made for The Shabby Tea Room's Beautiful Blooms #248 Challenge.  We were directed to create a project using the following photo for inspiration.



I love so many things about this photo...from the tiny pink flowers to the wood grain...all the way down to that darling banner!  It inspired me to create this little house for my project.


This was a little time consuming but so easy to create. I simply printed off music sheet paper from Crafty Secrets' Creating with Vintage Patterns digital download and covered the paper mache house using Mod Podge.



I used Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die-Flag Pole with Lantern and Sign to create the colorful triangle banner. 


The rosettes were made using Tim Holtz' Mini Paper Rosette Decorative Strip Die.  I love this die and don't use it enough. I need a better way of organizing so many of my craft items so I don't forget to utilize them. 


I loved making the roof because it was something my four year old could help with.  She loves to craft and has become pretty insistent lately that she play some role in each of my projects. That can be difficult at times considering the copious amounts of hot glue or cutting tools used.  I have learned that Mod Podge can be very helpful in this regard, haha.

I used Krylon's Ballet Slipper Pink to cover the buttons...my go-to color for all things that include my Addison.  She, of course, helped to stick on every last button and douse them in glitter. She also wanted to cover the music sheet paper in glitter so we mod-podged (my new verb) that on as well.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment