Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Merry Monday Challenge #167

Hi.  I wanted to share a quick tag I made for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  I stumbled upon this site after checking out Marcia Hill's blog and am so excited to have found it.  Who doesn't love to create Christmas projects year round?


The challenge for this Merry Monday is to use a heart somewhere in your Christmas project.  I chose to use Papertrey Ink's Layered Hearts dies and background stamp set to create the backdrop for this sweet little deer. 


I just love this reindeer die.  Isn't he a handsome fellow?


I created the argyle background by spraying Dylusions Ink Spray over my stencil. I love how deep and vibrant the sprays are but boy are they messy!   It took me a few minutes of wiping and re-wiping to clean off my craft mat.  Next time, I will use them outside on a newspaper so I can quickly toss out the mess and be done with it.  The supplies were easy to clean, though.  I rinsed off the stencil in the sink and it looked brand new in just a few seconds.  The intense colors are worth the finished product.  I highly recommend giving them a go if you haven't. 


I used a little tea-stained lace trim and scarlet ribbon to break up the deep red hue.


The sentiment is stamped in chalk ink over clear vellum paper.


Thanks for looking!

Supplies:

Dies:  Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Hearts, Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates, Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight

Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Background Basics:  Hearts, Signature Christmas

Ink:  Papertrey Ripe Avocado, Cloud White VersaMagic
 

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag, embellishments and love the lace.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you found us because I would hate to have missed this gorgeous tag! I love the graceful deer with the heart and that background is beautiful and rich! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tag, fabulous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage and lace. Your tag is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the knit background - it goes perfectly with the deer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet tag! So many lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tag! I love the vinatage look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty! Love the papers and that pretty diecut reindeer! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete