Saturday, July 25, 2015

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I am so excited the weekend is here.  We are heading to Prescott for the day and hoping to get a little relief from the Phoenix heat.  The town is hosting wild west style shootout on the square and my little girl is so excited to attend.  I cannot wait to see her face.

Today's project was created for the Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop Challenge and is inspired by the photo below:  


I love this month's inspiration photo.  Those butterflies are lovely with their different shapes and combination of patterns. 


I created a custom cover plate using the butterfly die from PTI's Love Lives Here collection. 
 

Crafty Secrets created this gorgeous floral paper and I knew I wanted to use it the moment I saw those patterned wings.  I decided to throw in one aqua colored beauty just like the photo. 


I heat embossed the sentiment in gold.


I just love that paper!


Thanks for looking!

Supplies:

Spellbinders: Butterfly Circles
Martha Stewart:  Butterfly Punch
Crafty Secrets:   Paper from Creating with Vintage Patterns

11 comments:

  1. So pretty I love how you die cut the butterflies so the background could peek through

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, love all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh that paper! Gorgeous! And your own cover plate? So using that brilliant idea, just as soon as I find that paper! Adore the medallion you created too. Lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo lovely... and that ribbon flower... wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! Love the negative over that beautiful paper. What a wonderful design! Sounds like a fun day planed hope you enjoy some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the die cut background! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Neat idea to make your own cover plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...LOVE how you made your background with your own coverplate!! I am so doing that if you don't mind??? What a neat, neat idea!! And I can see why you were excited by that paper...SO lovely!! A truly beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your custom cover plate!! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete