Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Papertrey Ink Create Along with Us: July 2015

I cannot believe all of the fabulous happenings going on over at Papertrey Ink. There are so many goodies being released this month...ALL of them are spectacular.


Today's card is for Papertrey Ink's Create Along with Us challenge.  The idea is to create something using inspiration from one of the design team members' projects made showcasing this month's release products. As all of the DT members outdid themselves this month, it was incredibly difficult to choose where to pull inspiration from so I chose to go with the one idea I never follow through with but always should:  decorating the inside of my cards. 

Melissa Phillips creates some of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen and this week she elevated her projects further by adding a personal touch to the inside of her cards. Make sure you stop by and check out her beautiful designs-you won't be disappointed!


I used the little sprigs from my Love Lives Here Holiday Set to border the sides of my card and to stamp the inside.  I love this idea.  I am guilty of working endlessly on the front of a card only to open it up to nothing.  Adding a little something to the inside just makes it flow a little more cohesively than the bright white nothingness I usually leave behind. 


Yes, it's a Christmas in July card.  When you live in the desert during the summer, you sometimes imagine that the holidays (and good weather) are closer than they are :).


Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink:  Tinsel and Tags Stamps & Dies, Love Lives Here Holiday, Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Smokey Shadow Ink, Sweet Blush Ink, Basic Background Stamps:  Tin Types & Retro

Tim Holtz:  Iced Spruce Ink

Spellbinders:  Lacey Circles

Other:  Music Sheet Vellum
 

6 comments: