Monday, July 20, 2015

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #218

It's time for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday again.  One of the reasons I am so in love with PTI is because of their weekly challenges.  There are so many occasions when their challenges either push me out of my comfort zone and force me to learn something new or I have to figure out how to incorporate more modern styles into my go-to vintage-y nature.  Today's challenge was no different. 

Lexi has challenged us this week to create a watercolor project using a die cut stencil.  I do NOT do watercolor.  It's beautiful and different and I've always admired it from afar but it's not for me.  Every time I've given it a shot, my colors look muddy or the paper warps.  I've tried less water and the brush seems to fray the paper.  And yes, that's when using watercolor paper.  I look at Lexi's beautiful cards and think, how did she get her cardstock so flat and those colors to shine so lovely?  But when it comes to watercolor, I already know the answer.  It's just me.  And I am OK with that.  That said, I am always up for a challenge.  So, here we go.


I chose to use a Spellbinders Lattice die to create a watercolor background in yellow and orange.  Don't forget to check out Lexi's tutorial to learn to use your dies as a stencil. 



See how those little lattice squares are not so perfect?  Um, again, ALL me. 


I just love a button as a flower center.  There's no rhyme or reason to it but it always makes me smile.  I love the little things in life that do that. 

Thanks for looking!

Supplies

PTI:  Tag Sale # 3 , Canyon Clay Vintage Button, Mini Blooms sentiment

My Favorite Things:  Fringe Circle Die

Sizzix:  Branch with Leaves Die


 
 

10 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of Papertrey Ink MIM as well! It's always fun! Love your watercolor background on This beautiful tag! The colors look great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the outcome!! the imperfection of watercolor is totally one of it's charms. as for my flat panels - lots of adhesive!!! and heat drying from both the front and the back helps, too. thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercolor background! You did great job....please give watercolor another try and time to do it...its not suppose to be perfect...and i think it goes great with vintagey, a way to get the paper flat...after it dries..put it through cuttlebug..without a folder or file in it...helps make the paper flat....try watercoloring again please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done well! The colors are cheery and fun, and I, too, love buttons in flowers! You and I must try water coloring more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your happy little tag...it makes me smile too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! And your watercolor stenciled bg is wonderful! You did a great job with the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fun background colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous tag! Love the background and button accenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I'd love to see you useing watercolors more often! I think the look they creaty would work well with your personal style! Super fun tag here with lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is perfectly sweet! I love the watercolored background and think you did a fabulous job! The flower with the button center is a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete