Sunday, October 18, 2015

Papertrey Ink's Create Along with Us Challenge

Hi, there!  It has been a couple of weeks since I posted and I am incredibly happy to be back.  I hurt my neck so I couldn't craft and I missed it dearly! 

I made a couple of projects for Papertrey's Create Along with Us Challenge.  I fell in love with every single item from this month's release and have already placed an order for a few things...I am anxiously awaiting my package as I am sure many of you are.
As usual, there were too many inspirational projects produced by the design team this month so I decided to create around several of them.  Who can pick just one when everything they make turns to paper crafting gold? For my first project, I decided to create a Christmas Clothespin in honor of Betsy's Holiday Pin-Ups kit.  I am thrilled she created this darling little set.  I love, love, love my Halloween Pin-Ups and intend on giving them to my daughter's preschool class come October 31.  I used my kit to die cut the robin's egg blue paper and then stamped my sentiment using Wreath for All Seasons.  I sparkled up the tree with Martha Stewart glitter.  Holiday Folk Stamps were used to create the tree and the tag was cut from PTI's Stitched Tag die.
My next project is a card I created with a myriad of inspiration from the design team ladies.  I've had snowflakes, candy canes, and holly on the brain after seeing this month's release of Snowflake Sparkle, Holiday Lane, and Spruce and Sprigs stamp sets.  I chose a layout that Melissa shared with us a few days ago to put it all together.  She is a master at creating layers and depth.  I didn't layer quite as much as she did but I still love how it turned out.
Papertrey's Candy Cane, Damask Snowflake, and Tinsel and Tags Dies were used to create the centerpiece for my card.
I used stamps from Tinsel and Tags to create the Holly background paper and used the Coffee Cozy Details Die Collection to add trees to my patterned paper.
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: