Monday, November 9, 2015

Christmas Tree Cheer

Hi, again.  I wanted to share a card I made for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday.  Ashley has challenged us to create a watercolor project by using a cover plate as a stencil.  Her design is absolutely beautiful.  Don't forget to stop by and check out her artwork and catch her tutorial.


I decided to use PTI's Hexagon Cover Plate for this challenge.  After cutting my stencil, I used a Spellbinders banner die to cut the shape of the tree.


 Ripe Avocado, New Leaf, and Simply Chartreuse inks were used to color the tree.



Christmas Cheer sentiments were cut from Pure Poppy.



Thanks for stopping by!

 



10 comments:

  1. Aren't you just the clever one? Your tree is adorable all decorated with your sentiments in red and topped with a star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was also just going to write how clever you are to make a tree out of hexagons! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so great! You masked a tree shape too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative, my friend! Sweet, sweet Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, another great idea for the background ,love this card and your creative tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute how you turned this project into a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative and clever! I love the bold die cut sentiments on top too. A perfect card for this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea, clever Christmas tree die. I especially love the red on top of the green tree, kinda like ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and very clever cutting out the tree shape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and creative...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete