Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wish List Ornaments

Hi, I wanted to share some ornaments I created for this month's Crafty Secrets Linky Party.  Last year, we decided  to start a new tradition by preserving a Santa's wish list for each of the kids.  They filled out their lists last year but I'm just now pulling these together. My only complaint is I wish I had thought of it sooner so we could look back on some of the things my oldest asked for!

 I used papers from the Crafty Secrets Creating with Vintage Christmas Digital Kit as well as the Retro Christmas Digital Download Printable.





I added each of their names and the year to one side of the ornament...




And attached their Santa wish list to the other.




I added some Martha Stewart glitter and topped it with a bow.  It was difficult to capture without a glare but I love how they turned out. I am happy to cherish these as my kids get older.  I think we will start making these after Thanksgiving dinner this year since we usually decorate our tree that evening.

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. What a cute and clever idea! You are so right...this would have been a fun project to carry through from early childhood to adulthood. But you got it started now, and I just love the idea! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Crafty Secrets Linky Challenge and Blog Hop!
    Kathy Clement
    DT Leader/Crafty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet project! What a great way to document their wish lists. Thanks for sharing and linking up withe CS Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea..I love the Christmas memories you can look back on year after year...so fun! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Secrets for our November linky party and blog hop...good luck in the draw!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete