Monday, August 12, 2013

Halloween Greetings

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share a tag I created using Tim Holtz' rickety house die. I am so ready for Halloween.  I've noticed some of the craft stores stocking up and it just adds to the anticipation!  Don't you just love working with Fall colors?


The background paper is from Crafty Secrets' Vintage Halloween Jumbo Kit. I inked it up with various distress inks from Tim Holtz.

The house was cut from grungeboard and then embossed using a notebook style embossing folder. I then cut the grunge board in between the 'wide-ruled' lines  down the entire length of the house and glued the pieces onto a piece of black card stock that had been cut with the rickety house die. Tim Holtz provides a great tutorial on his site using the rickety house die to create a winter scene (I didn't follow his directions exactly as I didn't have all of the suggested supplies).  After that, I inked up the grungeboard with black soot.

The moon, bat, and image of the kids peeking through the window are from Crafty Secrets' Halloween Time Heartwarming Vintage Sticker Collection.  Love this set!  There are so many great images to choose from.

I used a embossing folder to create the fence and then cut it out using an Exacto knife.  I added a pumpkin button and faux grass for a little embellishment.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Crafty Secrets Halloween Time Heart Warming Vintage Stickers
Crafty Secrets Vintage Halloween Jumbo Kit
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink
TH Dusty Concord Distress Ink
TH Peeled Paint Distress Ink
TH Rusty Hinge Distress Ink
TH Glossy Accents
TH Rickety House Die
TH Thankful Background & Borders
TH Grungeboard


 



No comments:

Post a Comment