Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thinking of You

Hi, Everyone. 

So excited today! I just purchased Dewent's Inktense Watercolor Pencils (after much hesitation due to price) and I must say, I am pleased! In the past, I have stayed away from blending markers as I just wasn't experienced in that area and after a few failed attempts, I gave up; however, I think colored pencils are about the easiest things to color with so I gave these a shot. 

I printed the image from Crafty Secrets' CD1 onto watercolor paper. 


I only used three colored pencils for the entire project. One pink and two different greens. After coloring, I used a waterbrush to go over the colors. You could just as easily use a paintbrush but for me, the thickness of the waterbrush is easier to control. 



I used tea dye distress ink to age the image and after adhering to colored cardstock, went around the edges with vintage photo Stickles. 

That's all!  Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment