Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Halloween Village Part 2

Good morning! I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have been working on several items to create a Halloween village so I thought I would share another completed piece.  Click here for part 1.

I purchased the house at Hobby Lobby a few months ago and intended to use it for a Christmas village but decided to go another route.

It was really simple to make...mostly just time consuming with having to cut all of the windows and wait for things to dry (I am impatient in this area). 

I papered the house using paper printed  from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Halloween Jumbo Kit. This is available for instant download or can be purchased in CD format.  The little witch is from the CS Heartwarming Vintage sticker collection.

The roof and base were painted using one coat of Tim Holtz' black soot crackle paint. I really like how it turned out. 

I used another paper from the CS Halloween download for the floor. I LOVE this paper! What's cuter than a checkered Halloween floor?  Please forgive the inside walls as I folded the wallpaper in to provide a smoother effect rather than me hacking at the windows with an Exacto knife. I am not the steadiest hand. :)

Everything was glued down using Ranger's Glue n' Seal. Fantastic stuff!
It doesn't bubble like some other glues I have tried so you always have a nice flat surface. It also seals so it's great when u want to protect an image or just give it am extra little stiffness.
Stay tuned! More Halloween village pieces to come!

Don't forget to enter your project for the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party!  It's a great opportunity to see some very talented and crafty projects and everyone who enters wins a gift card to their online store!

Supplies:
Crafty Secrets Halloween Time Heartwarming Vintage Stickers
Crafty Secrets Halloween Jumbo Digital Download Kit
Ranger Glue n' Seal
Tim Holtz Black Soot Crackle Paint

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Such a great decorative piece for the home. Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I saw the photo for your fun Halloween house didn't post so I re-did it for you and managed to add your photo and crop it. I hope I did it okay. It's super cool and I love how you used our paper and the stickers! Thanks for sharing and joining our August Linky Party
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the inconvenience, Sandy. Thank you for taking time to adjust!

      I truly love Crafty Secrets and appreciate all of your work!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun village you are creating here!! Love it!! Can't wait to see when it is all complete!!

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete