Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Haunted House

Hi! I apologize for not posting in awhile but have had a few things going on lately that have prevented me from getting to it! On that note, I wanted to share a few things I have been working on. All of my projects of late have been Halloween themed as I am so over summer here in Arizona!

For this post, I wanted to show you the start of a little Halloween village I am working on. I plan on entering it in the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party

I wish I could claim this idea but I actually lifted it from the Sizzix blog. Shelly has some great detailed instructions if you are interested in making one of your own...of course I had to tweak mine with some vintage from Crafty Secrets!


The fence, house, and trees were all cut from various Tim Holtz dies. I used a combination TH distress inks, crackle paints, embossing folders, paint dabbers, and stickles to color and texture each of the die cuts.


The little girl in the window, the owl, moon, and the cat directing the Jack-o-Lanterns are from Crafty Secrets' Heart Warming Vintage Halloween sticker collection. I added Glossy Accents to the cat and pumpkins to make them shine. 

The grass and tombstones are from Michael's. Everything was hot glued to wooden plaque I got at Hobby Lobby for $1.49. 


8 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is absolutely gorgeous!! What a fabulous piece to put out for Halloween every year! Love it!!

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa. I love the altered bottle you recently made! You CS ladies are all so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable scene you've built here. So much attention to detail and such great use of the images. A keepsake for sure! Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I am in love with ALL of the Crafty Secrets images!!

      Delete
  4. Such a fabulous spooky scene here. I can hardly wait to see the whole village finished, I'm sure it will be amazing. What a labour of love. Thanks for joining the August Linky Party.
    Cheers, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this?!?! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete