Thursday, December 12, 2013

Addison's Pink Village Part 1

Hi, there!  I wanted to share a sweet little something my daughter has been begging for...a pink Christmas village! She's in awe of my Dicken's village but pretty insistent that we get a pink house (bear in mind, she just turned three). So, I decided to to give her a pink village this year. 


I cut the house using Tim Holtz' Artful Dwellings die. The cutout for the angel was made using a Spellbinders die. 




The paper was from Crafty Secrets' Creating with Retro Christmas Download. Initially, the  sheet music was red but I edited it to black before inking with spun sugar distress ink.

The roof was glittered and beaded with a string of faux pink pearls.  My daughter wanted to add a 'jewel' to make more 'sparklies'. 


I 'mirrored' the inside of the house using metallic cardstock. The angel inside is from the CS Creating with Vintage Christmas Download. I cut it out and added Stickles to her flowers and wings.  


Of course my daughter just had to put it with my village so here it is...placed alongside mine. It doesn't look out of place at all :)

Supplies:  
Tim Holtz Artful Dwellings Die
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad in Spun Sugar
Tim Holtz Grunge Board
Ranger Stickles 
Martha Stewart Glitter
Faux pearls and jewel
Metallic Cardstock
Hot Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment