Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Believe

Happy Wednesday!

Here's another project I created for the Crafty Secrets December Linky Party.  I am in the process of making holiday tags for everyone and I am beginning to think I should have started sooner! 

I wanted to incorporate some of Tim Holtz' facets into this tag so I used so I used some vintage images from the CS Creating with Vintage Christmas Download.  These little guys are from a selection of papers they offer in the kit.  The music background paper is from the same kit, as well.


I adhered the images to the facets using Glossy accents and cut them to fit with an exacto knife after they dried. 

The letters were cut from Tim Holtz' wanted die that I purchased on clearance for $6.00 at Joanne's yesterday.  Don't you love it when you can find dies on clearance?  I do!  I coated them with glossy accents and used a gold Krylon pen on the edges.



The facets were hung from brown and white baker's twine using tiny gold brackets. 



Here's a close up of the tag.  The photo doesn't show it well but I used a 'cracked glass' technique I learned from the blog of of the very talented members of the CS design team.  Her name is Kathy Clement and you can find her tutorial here.

That's all for now.  Hope you enjoy!

Supplies:
CS Vintage Christmas Download Kit
Tim Holtz Facets
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Wanted Die
Tim Holtz Bookplate and Tag Die
Ranger UTEE
Krylon Gold Pen
Martha Stewart Baker Twine
Glossy Accents
Brads
Hole Punch


3 comments:

  1. Cute tag Heather, love the crystals! See - that's what I love about digital images, the way you were able to shrink the Santa's down to fit the crystal jewels makes them so much more versatile to use in different sizes on all sorts of projects.

    Thanks for sharing and posting in our Dec Linky Party
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! LOVE this tag! What a great idea to use the cracked glass technique! Looks FABULOUS!
    Thanks so much for playing along in our December Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images look great under the TH facets. Such a clever idea. Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets December Linky party!

    ReplyDelete