Monday, December 2, 2013

Essence of Christmas

Hi, All. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I have to post and run but I wanted to share a quick card I made for the December Crafty Secrets Linky Party.  Can you believe December is already upon us? 


I wanted to stray from the traditional reds and greens for Christmas.  Not that I don't love those colors but I was in the mood for something a little different.

I used the CS Creating with Vintage Christmas Download to print the Santa image before inking with distress ink.  After cutting out, I adhered it to gold card stock cut from Spellbinders' Lacey Oval die.  Next, I applied 'pearls' with my Viva Pearl Pen.  I can't believe I went so long without one of these...much less time consuming than using faux pearls.


I cut the flowers from Spellbinders' poinsettia die and inked them with a little vintage photo.  The corners were punched with a Fiskars punch.  

That's all for now. I hope you enjoy!

Supplies:
CS Vintage Christmas Download
Gold Card Stock
Viva Pearl Pen
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Spellbinders Poinsettia Die
Spellbinders Lacey Oval Die
Lace Ribbon
Adhesive
Fiskars Romantique Corner Punch


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Heather, your inking, matting and the gold pearls are all perfect! I think I need to get myself one of those pens.

    Thanks for sharing and posting in our December Linky Party
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL creation! LOVE this vintage Christmas set ...
    What a great idea to go with the non traditional color ... looks gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining our December Linky Party at Crafty Secrets!
    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete