Thursday, August 27, 2015

Papertrey Make it Monday #222 Die Cut Kissing

Hi, there!  Time to play along in Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge.  Betsy highlighted the 'kissing' technique using die cuts as opposed to two stamps.  Did anyone else find this challenge, well, challenging?  Let's just say my attempt did not go off as seamlessly as Betsy's beautiful card.  She is simply amazing!


Betsy recommended using a solid stamp against an intricate die cut to get a clear image to shine through.    As I started digging through my stamps, I realized I had very few solid images (perhaps this was my problem) and the ones I owned were too small to implement the challenge well.  So, I grabbed this raven stamp as it is the largest solid image I own.  I used it to 'kiss' PTI's 'Boo' die from the newly released Pumpkin shaker shape.  It came out pretty clear except the tiny little exclamation dot...I promise it says "boo" not "bool."


I then applied the technique to Tim Holtz' Branch tree die using PTI's Polka Dot Background Basics II.  I think it gave it kind of a weathered look. 


A little german glass glitter...


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies


Tim Holtz:  Spooky Stuff and Trick or Treat stamp sets, Branch Tree Die

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the technique on this wonderful Halloween card! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and the polka dots! Yes , the challenge for me was the right stamps. Love the German glitter you used,my daughter bought me som for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete